From time to time, families and including children who are having difficulties can benefit from support from specialized resources, organizations or counselors. It is important to find resources well grounded in the faith. Here are some resources that are recommended by the Marriage Reality Movement.
|Excellent call-in radio program with sound practical problem solving advice based on Theology of the Body. Broadcast M-F, 10AM ET on over 400 radio stations. Also available as podcasts through iTunes. Recent programs (Dr. Popcak is a Marriage Reality Movement advisor.)|
Phone or Internet therapy offered
- Pastoral Solutions Institute: Provides telephone counseling **
- CatholicPhsych Institute: Provides range of services including counseling by Skype. **
- Divorce Busting: Trained coaches supporting couples who want to save their marriage.
- Dr. Monica Breaux Individual, family or couples counseling. Expertise sexual addiction & appetite formation, pornography, Catholic sexual ethics.
- Catholic Therapist Directory: National directory of Catholic therapist - "Sound phsychology, solid faith, real healing."
- Selected practices
- California, Orange County: Thriving Families. In addition to therapy, seminars and lectures are offered as well. **
- California, San Diego: Dr. Lisa Petronis, MA, PhD- Jurate Psychotherapy and Consultation Services Inc.
- Georgia, Duluth Holy Family Counseling Center. Counseling from a Catholic Christian perspective.
- Minnesota, Twin Cities area: Peter Damgaard-Hansen, Integrative Counseling. Marriage and family counseling.
- Ohio, Cincinnati: Ruah Woods Psychological Services **
- National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists: Paid registry of prescreened therapists who share the common goal to help save your relationship.
Other Support Resources
- Retrouvaille: A program to help couples heal and renew their marriages
- The Alexander House: Couples coaching and couple to couple marriage mentoring **
- Institute for Marital Healing : Strengthening Marriages and Families **
- Child Healing, Uncovering and Addressing Conflicts (Associated with the Institute for Marital Healing) **
- The Catholic's Divorce Survival Guide: Ministering to the emotional and spiritual needs of the separated and divorced. **
- BAN – Beyond Affairs Network: Local support network for people recovering from the devastating experience of a spouse’s affair.
- Compassion Power: Addressing domestic anger and violence
- Emmaus Ministry for Grieving Parents
Pornography and Sexual Addiction Help
- Treatment and Healing of Sexual and Pornographic Addictions
- Integrity Restored
- Reclaim God's Plan for Sexual Health
- Information Resources
- Courage: A ministry with local chapters for people struggling with same-sex attractions **
- Encourage: Support group with local chapters dedicated to the spiritual needs of parents, siblings, children, and other relatives and friends of persons who have same-sex attractions. **
** Organizations with whom the Marriage Reality Movement has a direct relationship
Please send recommendations for other resources for helping families with relationship or emotional difficulties. Include details, the basis for the recommendation and complete contact information. CONTACT US